This year in Istanbul March 8 International Women’s Day Therefore, women gathered in Beyoglu at 19.00 for the 20th “Feminist Night March”. On the other hand, women continue to meet on many side streets. The women who gathered at Firuzağa were stopped by the police. Women’s commitment to walking continues. In Taksim, police interfere with women.
The women read the press release after the march. In the statement, “The feminist rebellion will not end until it establishes an equal and free world without patriarchy, capitalism, racism, war, occupation, religious oppression and labor exploitation!‘It was said.
The press release read aloud despite police barriers is:
“Thank you for feminism if we can.”
- Twenty years ago, a group of feminists gathered on Taksimmis Street and we started the first feminist night march, “Is it a coincidence that all the heads of state who started the war are men?” Today, tonight, March 8, 2022, tens of thousands of women are gathering behind the war and poverty caused by men. This rebellion would not end without establishing a feminist world.
- Over the years, we not only increased in number, but also organized feminist struggles and established solidarity across these streets. Against the patriarchy that oppresses us, the capitalism that exploits our lives, and the heterosexualism that tries to line us up, we realize that another world is possible. .. Attacks on women and LGBTI + are increasing in all respects, but support from those who openly organize homosexual aversion and transphobia from the abolition of the Istanbul Convention, and those who burden us with poverty and war. Thanks to the feminists who gathered here today, they gathered all over the world today.
“For those who turn women’s labor into capital labor …”
- Our claim is not only to celebrate this day, but also to abolish all forms of discrimination against women, not only for equality. We have eyes to change the world. Rebellion and struggle will not stop from these streets until we establish a world of feminists.
- The Istanbul Convention and attacks on 6284 pave the way for femicide, male violence and transgender murder. We say that with the help of the male state and patriarchy, we cannot afford to lose another in the face of these attacks on us.
- Our existence is defined by the family, so “we are women, not families, and we are in the rebellion of feminists!” We continue to say.
- Government homosexual hatred, transphobia, and hatred words directed at LGBTI +. In our solidarity and struggle, we respond to the ignorance of LGBTI +’s work, housing and even the right to life.
- It imposes the most volatile and minimum wage jobs on those who expect us to do household chores for free, turning women’s labor into cheaper labor. “Our labor is ours, we do not accept the exploitation of our labor!” We say.
- In homes, in front of factories, in offices, construction sites and squares, we hold us fully responsible for the epidemic and economic crisis and continue to resist those who make us poor.
“The feminist revolution never ends!”
- We do not accept the deprivation of our dependents to empower men who say they are “victims.”
- We do not accept the imprisonment of women and women politicians fighting patriarchy, legislation, the closure of women’s organizations and women’s counseling centers by trustees.
- We rebel against inadequate shelters and nurseries for women, unqualified ŞÖN0054Ms, sending women back from police stations, and being put in jail for decades when they have to be killed so that they are not killed. To do.
- We do not obey the police, those who try to suppress our voices, words and actions with violence, and try them in court. We are not afraid. We continue to rebel against patriarchy by “jumping in rhythm”.
- We say; the feminist rebellion will not end until we establish an equal and free world without patriarchy, capitalism, racism, war, occupation, religious oppression and labor exploitation! Let our feminist struggle live longer!
Video: GIZAY CELIK
Police sprayed pepper gas on people who wanted to march from Tel Sokak to Sıraselviler.
However, after the Governor’s ban on Beyoglu and the statement by the Governor of Istanbul that unauthorized demonstrations and marches were not allowed, some points on Taksim Square and Istikral Road were surrounded by police barriers.
Despite the closure of Taksim and Shishane subway stations, women continue to march towards Taksim to perform a “feminist night march.” The woman turns around at the point where she encounters the barrier and tries to approach the area from a side road.
“Women who want to go to Besiktas detention in Kadikoypia”
Meanwhile, a group of women waiting to ferry from Kadikoy to Besiktas in the evening and then to Taksim on the pier were detained before boarding the ferry.
So far, 38 women have been found to be detained, including women who want to detour the police station that was set up.
In a statement by the Governor of Istanbul, “Some sharing through social media determined that during International Women’s Day on March 8th, they were invited to hold various events in and around Taksim Square. Our Beyoglu District Governor’s Office will have meetings, marches, press releases, sit-downs, booths, tents, leaflets and more on Tuesday, March 8, 2022. To Illegal Acts; To protect rights and freedoms and prevent crime, meetings and marches are not permitted in accordance with Law 2911 and State Administrative Law 5442.‘They said.